Fake News on WhatsApp, the spread of fake news has decreased by 70% ever since the messaging platform placed a limit on forwarded messages.
Nowadays the layouting of misinformation spam messages and fake news is at its top with ongoing Lockdown But the social Media Giants have successfully decreased the layouting seriously.
Ministry Of Electronics And Information Technology (MeitY)
This news came from a report by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology that has added that WhatsApp’s Newly introduced feature is Running Correctly as it was intended.
What is New in Updated WhatsApp
The new feature of WhatsApp arrived Earlier this Month and the new updated version of WhatsApp is no longer Allowing People to forward a Massage to More than One Contact. If In case the massage Has been Forwarded more than 5 times it Gets Banned or Restricted.
One Spokesperson Commented on the Matter Fake News on WhatsApp:
- Since putting this new limit into place, globally there has been a 70 percent reduction in the number of highly forwarded messages sent on WhatsApp.
- This change is helping keep WhatsApp a place for personal and private conversations.
One More thing To be Noted
WhatsApp is also working with the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) To Help Them Verify news quickly.
The Facebook-owned messaging platform has also shared a list of official numbers that can be contacted to help verify the news.
With these efforts combined to gather People are still finding ways to be able to send messages to everyone such as;
- workarounds such as messaging people separately
- Making Simple Groups spread Fake news to multiple People
- But let’s See how Facebook address these type of issues.
In spite of Everything, A 70% decrease is indeed a huge amount and it is definitely a step in the right direction for everyone.