Prime Minister, Imran Khan has launched the ‘largest ever needs-based undergraduate scholarship program in the history of Pakistan’ under the Ehsaas program.
The vision behind the 200,000 scholarships over the next 4 years is human capital development. 50% of the scholarships are reserved for female students.
How to Apply
Follow the following steps to apply for Ehsaas Scholarship Program:
- Apply online at HEC’s portal for Ehsaas scholarship
- Submit duly filled forms at the Financial Aid Office of the respective university
- Applications sent directly to HEC or BISP will not be entertained
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship program are listed below:
- These undergraduate scholarships are applicable to the public sector and the participating non-profit private sector colleges and universities
- Students admitted on merit at any public sector university
- Family income should be below the poverty threshold
During the launch ceremony, Imran Khan said that a lack of education and employment opportunities drive youth towards crime.
Under the program, 50,000 scholarships will be awarded to deserving students with a special focus on disadvantaged areas of the country. The scholarships awarded by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) will be applicable in both public and participating private sector universities and colleges.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 10th December 2019. According to the reports, the scholarship covers tuition fees and stipend for high-achievers from low-income families.
Read Also: How to Order Groceries Online at Govt.Rates